Zoo Knoxville has a large volunteer team that helps with diverse opportunities. Program participants include adults and youth ages 13 and up. Our volunteers support the zoo’s mission and serve as zoo ambassadors.
Depending on local pandemic conditions and the zoo’s needs, we hope to resume recruiting and training volunteers in Spring, 2021. The zoo is no longer taking youth volunteer inquiries for 2021. Applicants interested in applying in 2022 need to be 13 years old by April 1, 2022. If you would like information about the youth volunteer program please email firstname.lastname@example.org
YEAR ROUND VOLUNTEER PROGRAM OPPORTUNITIES:
- Sharing information about the zoo’s animals, habitats and conservation programs with zoo guests
- Assisting zoo staff with educational programs both on and off zoo grounds
- Helping zoo staff with special events like BOO! at the zoo and Zoo Camp
- Working behind-the-scenes to help with the zoo’s day-to-day operations
- Attend a 2-day new volunteer training workshop
- Maintain an annual zoo pass
- Adults pay a $75 uniform and training fee. Youth pay a $100 fee
- Volunteer a minimum of 50 hours of service annually
- Attend a minimum of 4 informative meetings a year
If you are interested in volunteering and would like more information, please email email@example.com.
Existing volunteer? Login to Volgistics here.