Zoo Knoxville’s Boo! at the Zoo 2020 event is accepting volunteers! Thank you for your support. Whether you are an individual looking to contribute or an organization looking for a service opportunity, we could use your help to make this year’s event a safe and fun Halloween alternative during a trying year for our community. Email email@example.com to learn more.
Zoo Knoxville has a large volunteer team that helps with diverse opportunities. Program participants include adults and youth ages 13 and up. Our volunteers support the zoo’s mission and serve as zoo ambassadors.
Currently Zoo Knoxville is not recruiting new volunteers. The roles volunteers serve in have been limited by COVID-19, and our current volunteers are able to meet the Zoo’s needs.
Depending on local pandemic conditions and the zoo’s needs, we hope to resume recruiting and training volunteers in Spring, 2021.
YEAR ROUND VOLUNTEER PROGRAM OPPORTUNITIES:
- Sharing information about the zoo’s animals, habitats and conservation programs with zoo guests
- Assisting zoo staff with educational programs both on and off zoo grounds
- Helping zoo staff with special events like BOO! at the zoo and Zoo Camp
- Working behind-the-scenes to help with the zoo’s day-to-day operations
- Attend a 2-day new volunteer training workshop
- Maintain an annual zoo pass
- Adults pay a $75 uniform and training fee. Youth pay a $100 fee
- Volunteer a minimum of 50 hours of service annually
- Attend a minimum of 4 informative meetings a year
Due to the continued impact of Covid-19, volunteer workshops have been postponed until we can reassess in Spring, 2021. If interested in volunteering when workshops resume, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Existing volunteer? Login to Volgistics here.