Volunteer for Boo! at the Zoo, Knoxville’s largest trick-or-treat event!
To register your group, club or organization, click on the link below. Once your group is approved to volunteer, you will receive an approval email with the registration link to share with your group members.
If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Hurley at JLHurley@zooknoxville.org or 865-281-1382. (Please Note: You do not have to pay to be a volunteer for BOO! at the Zoo.)
Zoo Knoxville has volunteer opportunities for adults and youth ages 13–17. Our volunteers support the zoo’s mission and serve as zoo ambassadors in a variety of roles.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
- Sharing information about the zoo’s animals, habitats and conservation programs with zoo guests
- Assisting zoo staff with educational programs both on and off zoo grounds
- Helping zoo staff with special events like BOO! at the zoo and Zoo Camp
- Working behind-the-scenes to help with the zoo’s day-to-day operations
- Zoo volunteer must be a zoo member
- Due to the intensive training required for our volunteers, there is a one-time training and uniform fee of $75 for adult volunteers and $100 for youth volunteers
- Volunteers must be prepared to commit at least one-year of service
- At least 50 hours of volunteering must be completed in a calendar year
- To keep volunteers updated and current on all information, volunteers must attend monthly meetings
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org today for more information or to apply to become a Zoo Knoxville volunteer!