Zoo Knoxville has volunteer opportunities for adults and youth ages 13–17. Our volunteers support the zoo’s mission and serve as zoo ambassadors in a variety of roles.
Please join us at the Volunteer Fair on Saturday, January 26, 2019 from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
This free event offers an opportunity for you to learn more about Zoo Knoxville’s volunteer program. Current volunteers, as well as the Volunteer Coordinator and Youth Volunteer Supervisor, will be available to meet you and help you determine if the program is right for you. You may drop in anytime during the event.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES YEAR ROUND VOLUNTEER PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- Sharing information about the zoo’s animals, habitats and conservation programs with zoo guests
- Assisting zoo staff with educational programs both on and off zoo grounds
- Helping zoo staff with special events like BOO! at the zoo and Zoo Camp
- Working behind-the-scenes to help with the zoo’s day-to-day operations
- Zoo volunteer must be a zoo annual passholder
- Due to the intensive training required for our volunteers, there is a one-time training and uniform fee of $75 for adult volunteers and $100 for youth volunteers
- Volunteers must be prepared to commit at least one-year of service
- At least 50 hours of volunteering must be completed in a calendar year
- To keep volunteers updated and current on all information, volunteers must attend monthly meetings
Please Note: Youth Volunteer Application Packets are now being accepted and are due by Tuesday, February 12 to be considered for the 2019 Youth Volunteer Class. For more information, please contact Autumn Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact email@example.com today for more information or to apply to become a Zoo Knoxville volunteer!