Zoo Knoxville has volunteer opportunities for adults and youth ages 13–17. Our volunteers support the zoo’s mission and serve as zoo ambassadors in a variety of roles.
Join us at Zoo Knoxville’s Volunteer Fair on Saturday, January 20 from 10:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. This is a free opportunity to learn more about the zoo’s volunteer program. Current volunteers and the Volunteer Coordinator will be on hand to answer your questions. You may drop in anytime between 10:00 and 1:00. Attendance is not required to become a volunteer.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
- Sharing information about the zoo’s animals, habitats and conservation programs with zoo guests
- Assisting zoo staff with educational programs both on and off zoo grounds
- Helping zoo staff with special events like BOO! at the zoo and Zoo Camp
- Working behind-the-scenes to help with the zoo’s day-to-day operations
- Zoo volunteer must be a zoo member
- Due to the intensive training required for our volunteers, there is a one-time training and uniform fee of $75 for adult volunteers and $100 for youth volunteers
- Volunteers must be prepared to commit at least one-year of service
- At least 50 hours of volunteering must be completed in a calendar year
- To keep volunteers updated and current on all information, volunteers must attend monthly meetings
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org today for more information or to apply to become a Zoo Knoxville volunteer!