If you chose virtual learning for your children, they don’t have to learn from your couch. They can learn from the zoo! Zoo Knoxville’s Virtual Learning Pods allows your 1st – 5th grade students to spend their virtual school day outside the house and inside the zoo.
Join the Pack!
Each student will be provided with a socially distanced workspace and internet access to enable them to complete their school’s online lessons. Students will need to bring their own Chrome book or tablet, charger, earbuds/headphones, and any other supplies required to complete their lessons. The zoo’s Education Department will provide trouble-shooting, supervision and assistance through further explanation of lessons as needed to make sure your students don’t get behind in their lessons. Students will also get opportunities for “brain breaks” with their peers through engaging, educational and fun activities such as exploring the zoo, meeting animal ambassadors, talking with keepers, games and more.
- Available for grades 1st – 5th
- Monday – Friday, following the Knox County Schools schedule, including closings due to weather, etc.
- Drop-off: 7:30 – 7:45am
- Instructional time: 7:45am – 2:45pm including breaks and lunch
- Pick-up: 2:45 – 3:00pm
- Advance registration required. Spaces are limited.
- Register by the week, available through May. Registration closes by 7:45am Friday before each week.
Virtual Learning Pods price per student
- $125 per week for annual passholders and Circle of Friends members
- $133 per week for non-passholders
For more information contact email@example.com.