Wildly Fun Learning Experiences
Make the most of your visit by adding a special learning experience with a zoo educator! Not only are these programs fun and engaging, they also fulfill Tennessee State Standards on a variety of topics. Additionally, each experience can be tailored to introduce, highlight or wrap up a unit of your curriculum.
SCIENCE CONCEPT INTRODUCTION PROGRAM
- Start your students thinking about a curriculum point before they explore the zoo with this 10 minute program with biofacts (animal skins, skulls, feathers, etc.).
- $1 per student for up to 150 students (minimum 15 students).
- Take your 8th grade or older students on a zoo tour with a dedicated zoo educator for an unforgettable fun and educational trip.
- Learning Tours are $2 per person for groups up to 35 (minimum 15 people).
- Tours are 45 minutes in length.
- Explore your educational topic in a zoo classroom setting with one of our educators and three of our ambassador animals.
- Classroom Programs are $4 per student (minimum 15 students-max 60 students per program.
- Up to 3 programs per day
- Classroom programs are 45 minutes in length.
- Select a topic below to match your curriculum
- We are practicing social distancing and wearing masks during programs. We are not requiring masks for all audience members under age 12, but we cannot come within 6 feet of the audience unless they are wearing masks. Therefore, touching animals is only allowed if all audience members are wearing masks. Thank you for helping us keep audiences and presenters safe so we can continue to offer classroom programs.
ZOO RESEARCH PROGRAM
- Students can develop their own research questions and collect data around that question in an outdoor classroom.
- Programs are for 3rd grade and up and last 1 hour.
- $3 per student for up to 25 students (minimum 15 students)
- Topics are chosen by the zoo educator based on weather, season and availability, but you can make requests (see PDF below).
Please note that we limit group sizes to give each student a more personal experience. If your group is larger than our maximum, you may schedule a second class at no minimum charge.
To register for a program, fill out the Learning Program Form in the Field Trip Reservation Form.
Contact us for more information on field trips and learning experiences at [email protected] or call 865.637.5331.