Have you ever wondered what happens after everyone leaves the zoo? Just because our guests and staff leave for the night, doesn’t mean things are any less wild. Explore the zoo with an experienced night owl who knows their way around in the dark. Learn about the adaptations and personalities of our nocturnal and crepuscular critters.
Get to see many of your favorite animals prowling and calling in ways you’ve never heard before.
Remember, animals don’t have a bedtime.
Private Night Safaris
Get a group together and schedule your own private night safari. Great for scouts, schools, clubs and church groups.
- Advance registration required.
- All ages
- Year round
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm or 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- $14 per person
- Minimum group size 10 people. Maximum size 75 people.
Public Night Safaris
- Advance registration required
- Participants will be walking around much of the zoo and sometimes over uneven surfaces. Everyone must stay with the group throughout the program.
- This is a non-smoking program.
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- $14 per person (No discounts for Annual Passholders)
- Saturday, August 14th: All ages with adult
BEDTIME WITH THE BEASTS
What if two hours just isn’t enough?
With Zoo Knoxville’s Bedtime with the Beasts program, your group doesn’t only see the zoo, you get to spend the night up close and personal with our residents. We can cater your experience to meet a variety of scouting merit badges and patches (or just for fun), all while adding more time for adventure and exploration at the zoo.
Contact [email protected] for more information.